Thursday, April 17, 2008

And so it begins

Much talked about. Much promised, far too long awaited (at least by me) my first official comic fianlly makes it to animated form in the Ariel: Highschool Devil-Girl anime series. One of the problems with animating somethng that is close to your heart is not only pulling off, but pulling it off in such a way that people can appriciate the value you put into it. Not just any old style will do. I have swtiched from 2D to 3D so very often with this project for 10 years but have never been wholly satisfied with anything. That was until yesterday when I finally found the perfect shaders to work with on a, Gods be dammned, of all things a free 3D progamme. They are perfect to style I have been working on for ages, and finally my dreams can be realised. As you can see I have already set up the shaders for two of the main Characters, Ariel and Arrissa. Hopefully this is a good sign of things to come.

No comments: